Thank you for your application! Click to watch this video for important details about using your new account, and we will contact you shortly to complete the setup process.
New Checking and Savings Account
New Savings Account
Why Just Bank When You Can Belong.
We’re often asked what makes a credit union different from a bank. Or what makes Great Basin different from another credit union. We know there are a lot of places you could take your business. So, why Great Basin? What’s in it for you?
We live here, work here, and play here - just like you. We are the largest Washoe County-based credit union. We've been in business since 1951. We’re truly local, and we’re proud of that!
- Your community is our community, and we spend many hours giving back in various ways all year long from volunteering in classrooms to walking homeless pets to serving on boards of other local organizations. Our team is especially involved with the local Pinocchio’s Moms on the Run and Children’s Miracle Network organizations.
- We’re doing our part to see our business community thrive. We offer many kinds of business loans, education, and products. All year long we host free community workshops on various business topics. If we can help you succeed and play a part in our growing economy, it's a win for us all.
- We sponsor financial education in schools around the area. We love getting to know the teachers and students who are the future of our community, and we're so glad to be able to offer them an important (sometimes missing) piece of their education.
- We offer free financial seminars all year long on topics ranging from retirement to budgeting to college planning. We invite everyone in the community to join us! Knowledge is power. Plus, there's good snacks and good company.
When you're a member at a credit union, you're the owner. Each member is a shareholder and that means the profit goes back to you.
- Being the owner is just one of the many differences between a credit union and a bank. Check out more.
- Our volunteer board of directors is made up of members like you. We don't report to any fat cats, and our board helps to ensure that your profits are being used in the best way.
- We're not looking for ways to fee you. We'd even venture to say we have the lowest fees in Nevada.
- People like you have saved over $3 million in interest over the last few years just be refinancing their autos from other institutions. That’s just one of the many ways we want to and are able to save you money, boss.
We know that's a big claim. And for you data-types, we don't have any proof just yet; but we're working on that.
What we do know is that service has always been what separates us from other banks or credit unions. We offer the products and conveniences that you need, and that's important to us. But our members get more. They stick around for a long time, and they'll all tell you it's because of the service. We know your name, we appreciate you, we're down-to-earth, and we take your financial situations very personally.
- Our vision is to be member-loved. So it's our promise to provide you with the best service that we can. Together we decided on a set of service promises, and we take pride in holding ourselves to them.
- Employees get extensive, continuous training so that they can offer you the expertise you need.
- The proof is in the pudding:
- Over half of our members have been with us for longer than 5 years.
- Half of our employees have been here for 10 years or more.
- It's hard to choose, but we've picked a few testimonials from our members over the years. Check 'em out, and then call, click, or come on in so we can show you first-hand what it's like to belong!
We have simple products and convenient services. We want to offer you the kinds of products and services that we would offer our best friends.
- Free checking with simple rewards. We've paid members over $200,000 in the last year.
- Easy online applications for accounts and loans. No application fees.
- Competitive loan rates and terms.
- Free Online Banking including Bill Pay.
- Free mobile app including mobile check deposit.
- 30,000+ fee-free ATMs nationwide.
- A nationwide network of Shared Branches where you can do business.
- Perks you can take advantage of just because you're a member.
- We have all the stuff that the big guys do, but we're also here for a personal touch when you need it. We have a local staff full of smiling faces ready to help you by email, by phone, or at one of our branch locations.