Take Control of Your Finances Today
with MX Money Management — A free financial management and budgeting tool
Managing your money should be easy and we can help. With MX Money Management, you can set up budgets, track expenditures, and much more. It’s easy to use and, best of all, free to all Great Basin online and mobile banking users!
What can you do with MX Money Management?
- Link all of your accounts: View all of your internal and external accounts in one place.
- View all transactions and track your cash flow: All of your transaction activity will be categorized to make it easy for you to track where your money is coming and going.
- Manage your budget: Get started setting up and maintaining a budget by selecting “Auto Generate Budget” or create your own!
- Manage your debt: See your debt schedule in one place, create an expedited payoff plan, and calculate the time and money to be saved by using the debt “snowball” strategy.
- Visualize your net worth: Track the sum of your assets and liabilities each month and see how your transaction activity affects your overall net worth.
- Set financial goals: By linking your internal and external accounts, create savings, debt payoff and/or retirement goals.
- Set and manage alerts: Get text or email alerts to stay notified on events important to you.
Getting Started with MX Money Management:
STEP 1: Accept the terms & conditions. To start, log into Central One online banking. There you will see the “Manage Money” tab. Select Money Management from the drop-down menu. You will be prompted to “Accept” the terms & conditions. Once you have accepted, your Central One accounts will automatically be import-ed into Money Management.
STEP 2: Link all your external accounts. Add all of your accounts from other institutions to view your entire financial footprint in one place. Most accounts can be added including checking and savings accounts, investments, credit cards, loans, mortgages, and other lines of credit.
STEP 3: Review your transaction history. Some transactions will be automatically categorized to make it easy to see spending trends. However, not all transactions will be categorized, so it is important to make necessary changes to ensure your spending data is complete and accurate.
STEP 4: Set a budget. Money Management will automatically calculate your average monthly spending in each category when you select “Auto Generate Budget”.
STEP 5: Set up alerts under the “Settings” tab. Be sure to set up alerts for low balances, or upcoming payments.