We have accounts of just about every size. Which fits you best?
At Great Basin, we have many accounts for both new and existing members. What matters is finding the one (or two, or more) that work best for you. But know this, whichever Great Basin account(s) you choose, you’ll find the added bonus of terrific people, outstanding service and financial expertise. In fact, we hope you find Great Basin is the last and best financial decision you could ever make. No, really.
Opening a New Account
Here’s what you need to know:
- New accounts must be opened in person.
- Membership is open to individuals that either; live, work, worship, go to school, or own a business in Washoe County, Nevada.
- All members must open a savings account with a minimum $25 deposit; this is your share of ownership in the credit union. Checking accounts require an additional $25 deposit; these funds are used to order checks if necessary and funds are released the next day. Opening deposits on other types of shares vary.
- Because we want to make sure we offer you the time and attention you deserve, we will take new account walk-ins until 4:30 (M-F); scheduled appointments encouraged. On Saturday, new accounts will be taken by appointment only. Please call 775-333-4228 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make your appointment.
- We will require that your info passes through ChexSystems, a consumer-reporting agency that aids financial institutions in identifying applicants who may have a history of account abuse. If you want to learn more or dispute an innacurate report, you can contact them here.
Here’s what you’ll need to bring with you into any one of our three branches:
- State Issued Nevada Drivers License or Identification Card with current address
- Any State Issued Drivers License or ID Card; Federal Issued Passport or Military Identification, and
- Deed of Trust or Rental Agreement showing name and current address, or
- Power bill showing name and current address, or
- Other utility bill showing name and current address, or
- Letter stating you worship regularly on letterhead of place of worship with their local address, or
- Letter stating you attend a school in Washoe County on their letterhead with their local address, or
- Documentation from Nevada Secretary of State showing business name and individuals position in the business
Looking for something else? Try our collection of account-related Other Stuff.
Want to take a look at the new account disclosures ahead of time? Click here.