Great Basin Federal Credit Union is committed to safeguarding your password. Whether you’re using an ATM, Telephone Teller, Mobile Banking, or Online Banking, you also play an essential role with regard to keeping your password safe. Here are a few tips for keeping your password safe:
- Do not use easily guessed information such as your name, date of birth, telephone number, address, etc.
- Where possible, use a combination of letters, numbers, and special characters in your password. Those types of passwords are more difficult to guess.
- Do not use any word found in the dictionary without changing some of its letters into numbers or purposely misspelling it.
- Do not use repeated or easily guessed numeric values (e.g., 1111 or 1234).
- Do not write your password down.
- Do not include your password in any file, including a word-processing document, web page or an electronic mail message/client. If anyone else reveals a password to you, delete the information promptly.
- Avoid using the same password on different systems. If an unauthorized user gets your password, he is likely to gain access to every system with which you are using that password.
- Change your password regularly.
- Do not leave your computer, tablet, or phone unattended after you log in to Online Banking or Mobile Banking, and be sure to log out when you are finished.