- Decide which one (1) month throughout the calendar year that you’d like to skip your payment(s).
- Decide on which loan(s) you want to skip a payment.*
- Meet the eligibility requirements outlined below.
- There may be a Skip-A-Pay fee.*
- You must be a member of Great Basin FCU with a minimum balance of $25 in a Primary Savings Account.
- The loans you wish to skip must be paid current at the time of the skip.
- A minimum of 6 payments must have been made on the loan at the time of the skip request.
- The loans you wish to skip have not been over 30 days delinquent in the last 6 months.
- You cannot have a negative balance on ANY of your Great Basin FCU accounts.
- You did not receive “Hardship Assistance” from GBFCU in the past 12 months.
- Other restrictions may apply.
Within 20 days before your due date,
- Log in to Online Banking and click on “Skip a Payment” in the Additional Services menu
- OR contact a member service representative at 775.333.4228
- OR visit one of our three branch locations
*NOTE: Real estate, home equity credit lines, overdraft credit lines and Visa loans are not eligible for deferral under this offer. Depending on loan type, there will be a maximum number of total skips. There may be a fee to skip your payment; this will be disclosed before you complete the skip. Skip fees are waived for members with active checking accounts (activity within last 90 days). Great Basin Federal Credit Union will send a confirmation of your requested Skip-A-Payment approval status. Interest will continue to accrue during deferral period. If you experience a total loss or unrecovered theft of your vehicle and have purchased Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) coverage, a skip-a-pay may reduce your GAP coverage by the amount of your monthly payment plus the skip-a-pay fee.