Relief is here.
We know these unexpected changes to our daily lives can cause a stressful time financially. To help as much as possible, we are offering an Emergency Relief Skip a Payment on loans. This is in addition to our regular skip option we offer every 12 months. We WILL WAIVE the standard fee for this Emergency Relief Skip a Pay.
You may utilize your emergency skip for a payment due in March, April, May, or June 2020. Please submit your request during the month in which you wish to skip. For example, do not request to skip June’s payment until June.
SBA Business Loans and severely delinquent loans are not eligible for skip. Please remember that the original term of your loan will be extended by one month, and interest will continue to accrue on your loan, even if no payment is due.
Online Banking Users
FEE WILL BE WAIVED. REMEMBER TO CANCEL ANY SCHEDULED TRANSFERS AFTER YOUR SKIP IS PROCESSED.
Non-Online Banking Users
Click here to request your skip. For faster processing, please log into Online Banking above.
- Decide which one (1) month throughout the calendar year that you’d like to skip your payment(s).
- Decide on which loan(s) you want to skip a payment.*
- Meet the eligibility requirements outlined below.
- There may be a Skip-A-Pay fee.*
- You must be a member of Great Basin FCU with a minimum balance of $25 in an Essential Share Account.
- The loans you wish to skip must be paid current at the time of the skip.
- A minimum of 6 payments must have been made on the loan at the time of the skip request.
- The loans you wish to skip have not been over 30 days delinquent in the last 6 months.
- You cannot have a negative balance on ANY of your Great Basin FCU accounts.
- You did not receive “Hardship Assistance” from GBFCU in the past 12 months.
- Other restrictions may apply.
Within 20 days before your due date,
- Log in to Online Banking and click on “Skip a Payment” in the Additional Services menu
- OR contact a member service representative at 775.333.4228
- OR visit one of our three branch locations
*NOTE: Real estate, home equity credit lines, overdraft credit lines and Visa loans are not eligible for deferral under this offer. Depending on loan type, there will be a maximum number of total skips. There may be a fee to skip your payment; this will be disclosed before you complete the skip. Great Basin Federal Credit Union will send a confirmation of your requested Skip-A-Payment approval status. Interest will continue to accrue during deferral period.