COVID-19 Resource Hub
Resources to help you through this. We’ve got your back.
We will update this page regularly with tips, resources, and links that we come across that we feel could be helpful to you. Check back regularly. Be sure to see our Coronavirus updates and important member-only programs here.
Small Business Resources:
PPP ALERT FOR SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS. Scammers are taking advantage of small businesses.
- We are hearing about third-party companies that are trying to take advantage of the situation surrounding the latest federal Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) by offering to fill out loan/grant applications for an upfront fee on behalf of small business credit union members, plus a percentage of the PPP funds. NOTE: there are NO fees when applying for the PPP loan, so anybody trying to collect a fee should not be considered
- Fraudulent companies are claiming to be affiliated with the SBA and offering PPP loans. Read more.
We are getting a lot of calls and emails about the second round of the Paycheck Protection Program. Great Basin IS NOT able to process these types of loans. In our own research we have found the following lenders may be able to assist you with these.
- Greater Nevada Credit Union
- Heritage Bank
- Nevada State Bank
- Mountain America Credit Union
- Bank of America
- Wells Fargo
- Bank of the West (for current customers)
Listed below are alternative online lenders the Reno + Sparks Chamber has provided in case some of the traditional banking establishments are not available at this time*:
The SBA also provides a list of participating lenders in each state. Click here.
*We do not endorse any lender over another; our goal is to relay information from our credible sources in an effort to make your research easier.
We have been in contact with an SBA rep here in Nevada. He has provided his contact information should any businesses need help with finding a lender or getting answers about the PPP.
Deputy District Director
We have also found that the U.S. Department of the Treasury is updating their site most frequently with policies and programs that are changing daily. Please check this link regularly. Other helpful resources for small businesses:
- SBA Coronavirus Relief Options: Funding Options for Paycheck Protection Program, EIDL Loan Advance, Express Bridge Loans, Debt Relief
- Small Business Guide and Checklist: Download Here
- Small Business Administration (SBA): Disaster Loan Assistance
- US Chamber of Commerce: Resources for Small Business Loans and Relief
IRS Economic Impact Payments (EIP):
- TEXT MESSAGE PHISHING SCAMS: We have had members report that they have received suspicious text messages reporting to be from Great Basin. Do not give out personal information. Click here for more.
- PPP ALERT FOR SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS. Scammers are taking advantage of small businesses. Read more.
- The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Alert: Scammers are now taking advantage of fears surrounding the Coronavirus. Watch out for emails, texts, posts or ads offering vaccines, products or medical tips in exchange for your information, money or clicks. Click here for more information and tips to avoid becoming a victim of a scam.
- Robocall Scam Alert from FTC: Socially distancing from COVID-19 robocall scams
- CFPB Alert: Protecting your finances during the Coronavirus Pandemic
Local Community Resources:
- Washoe County School District: Food Resources for Families
Financial Navigator service: The OPPORTUNITY ALLIANCE NEVADA has launched a free volunteer Financial Navigator service. Navigators are ready to assist any Nevadan who is financially stressed and needs help with emerging financial needs. There are currently forty (40) trained and ready volunteers available to provide virtual support. Email: Navigator@OANV.zendesk.com | Call: 2020. 925.8209 | Text: 202. 925.8209
- Unemployment Insurance (UI) and Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) Program: Click here for info from Senator Catherine Cortez Masto