Community Room Application
APPLICATION & INFORMATION PACKET
Great Basin Community Room
- The online application must be fully filled out and returned to Great Basin Federal Credit Union at least 3 days before your first meeting is held.
- If you use the community room during credit union hours, you must sign in upstairs with the secretary. If you use the room during non-credit union hours, an authorized Great Basin representative will meet you a half hour before your meeting time to open the room, sign you in, and assist you with any set-up if necessary.
- Meetings held during non credit union hours are to begin no earlier than 6:30am and conclude no later than 9:30pm
- At the end of your meeting, please return the room to its original condition.
- You will need to sign out upon leaving the community room either with the secretary (during credit union hours) or with the authorized Great Basin representative (during non-credit union hours). Upon signing out, also list the number of people who attended.
- Please notify us of any changes in your organizational structure as soon as possible. This will include changes in the contact person, telephone number, and address.
- If you have any questions, please call 333-4228 during regular business hours.
Great Basin Federal Credit Union Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday 9:00am to 5:30pm
Fridays 9:00am to 6:00pm
Saturdays 9:00am to 12pm
FACILITY USE POLICY
Great Basin Federal Credit Union has made available a community room for use by members, Preferred Employer Groups, and community not-for-profit organizations. All meetings and programs held in the community room will be free of charge and open to all membership and approved non-profit community groups.
Groups using the facilities are responsible for seeing that meeting rooms are left in a clean and orderly condition and that chairs, tables and equipment are returned to their original positions. The serving of refreshments is permitted.
The fact that an organization is using the Credit Union’s facilities does not constitute an endorsement by the Credit Union of the group’s beliefs, policies, or programs. Printed materials to be displayed or distributed must be turned in with the application to the Credit Union. Groups wishing to use Credit Union equipment for programs must request such equipment one week in advance. Ability to use equipment correctly must be demonstrated. Groups using the Credit Union facilities and/or equipment are responsible for any damages sustained therefrom.
All reservations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. The Credit Union retains the right to cancel a reservation for cause it deems sufficient. In addition, the Credit Union may cancel the use of a facility for Credit Union purposes.
COMMUNITY ROOM USER CRITERIA
Credit Union Members:
- Authorized agent for organization must provide proof of membership with Great Basin
- Use by scientific, educational, recreational and public service non-profit groups, associations, and corporations
- Must provide proof of non-profit status
- Includes Washoe County Schools, TMCC, UNR
- Includes non-profit religious groups and political parties
APPROVED USES FOR COMMUNITY ROOM
- Use by youth activities
- Commercial use for small gatherings
- Speaking engagements
- Educational and art exhibits/craft exhibits
- Theatrical events/musical performances
*Other uses not listed may be approved
**Fund raising activities in Great Basin FCU community room are limited to those held, at least in part, for the benefit of Great Basin Federal Credit Union.
NOTE: Smoking is NOT PERMITTED in any Credit Union facility.
All users will be required to apply to the Credit Union community room. The application shall be received and maintained by the Credit Union and shall contain necessary information as required by the Credit Union for liability. Use of the community room may be subject to special conditions imposed by the Credit Union.
A damage and clean-up deposit may be required, as determined by the Credit Union Administration.
CHILDREN LEFT UNATTENDED IN THE CREDIT UNION
Great Basin Federal Credit Union welcomes children of all ages. The Credit Union does not wish to restrict access to either facilities or materials. Please remember that the credit union, although welcome to children, may be busy, and may present hazards for unsupervised children. NO child ages nine or under may be left unattended in any area of the credit union.
GREAT BASIN COMMUNITY ROOM SPECIFICS:
The Great Basin Community Room has seating and tables available for 30 people. If an event requires more seating, it is the responsibility of the organization to provide as necessary. The Community Room is also equipped with an easel for flip charts, a dry erase board, and a sink.
COMMUNITY ROOM RULES AND REGULATIONS:
- The organization representative signing this form and the organization are responsible for the setting up of chair and tables and returning them to their storage position when the meeting is over.
- The Community room must be opened and closed by a Credit Union representative for all meetings held during non-credit union hours. Organization must also sign in prior to, and following the meeting.
- Organizations and/or their representatives should visit the meeting room before the meeting time to familiarize themselves with the space and equipment.
- Access to the community room will be accompanied by the authorized Credit Union representative. Access to the Credit Union branch lobby is not permitted and exit of the community room shall be through the west community room door.
Please download and sign this form to submit with your application: Community Room App