Great Basin in the Community
Great Basin Federal Credit Union is passionate about taking an active role in the community and supporting our membership and the organizations with which they are involved. In fact, “Community” is one of our Core Values.
- Banzai Financial Literacy
- Nevada Humane Society
- United Cerebral Palsy of Northern Nevada
- Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals
- Give Hope Foundation
- Northern Nevada Chapter of the Nevada Credit Union League
- Pinocchio’s Moms on the Run
- Reno High School
- KUNR (NPR Reno) program sponsor
- Great Basin FCU Annual Scholarship
- Junior Achievement of Northern Nevada (WCSD Career Expo)
- Great Basin Outdoor School
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Nevada Chapter
- Rotary Club of Reno
- Smiles for Freedom (Sala Family Dentistry)
- Siroptimist International of Truckee Meadows
- Salvation Army Angel Trees & Silver Trees
- Communities in Schools of Western Nevada Gift Trees
- Food Bank of Northern Nevada Holiday Food Drive
- UNR ASUN Able Women’s Fund
- Made in Nevada
- Operation BackPack (Volunteers of America, Northern Nevada Chapter)
- Northern Nevada Children’s Cancer Foundation
Employees of Great Basin FCU are proud to have contributed their own time, effort and funds to these organizations this year:
- Pinocchio’s Moms on the Run – raising funds to assist Northern Nevada women with everyday living expenses while in treatment for cancer.
- Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals – helping raise funds to support local children’s hospitals.
- Give Hope – financial help for Northern Nevada families with children with catastrophic illnesses.
- Northern Nevada Chapter of the Nevada Credit Union League – provides awareness, advocacy, and education to local credit unions and their members.
- Credit Union Sactown10 – annual running event to raise money for the Children’s Miracle Network.
- Credit Union for Kids – annual auction event to raise money for the Children’s Miracle Network.
- Toys For Tots – raising funds and collecting Christmas gifts for less fortunate children.
- Boy Scouts Of America – helping build character and responsibility in local youth through activities in the community.
- Camp TLC – a wellness center for children with life-shortening issues and their care-takers.
- Evelyn Mount Community Outreach – providing meals in the Reno/Sparks area for over 35 years.
- Reno-Sparks Gospel Mission – numerous facilities dedicated to overcoming homelessness, addiction, hunger, and poverty in the Northern Nevada area.
- The Salvation Army – a network of ministries dedicated to helping where there is need.
- Cancer Champions – Renown Institute for Cancer
- Sierra School of Performing Arts – nonprofit theater organization
- Community Schools of Western Nevada – surrounding students with support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life
- CAAW (Community to Aid Abused Women) – rebuilding safe and hopeful lives for victims of family violence
- Pinocchio’s Moms on the Run 2017 events: (www.momsontherun.info)
LoDo Loft’s Runway for Life Fashion Show
Pinocchio’s Moms on the Run 10k/5k Walk/Run
Pinocchio’s Ride for the Tatas Motorcycle Poker Run