We are getting new cards! Help us choose by VOTING for your favorite by commenting... Read More July 19, 2019
It’s Disneyland’s birthday! We are celebrating with a HUGE sale! All 2-5 Day Park Hopper... Read More July 17, 2019
Vitalant has an immediate need for blood donors this July as the blood supply remains... Read More July 16, 2019
The moment you see the Christmas decorations coming out in stores (way too early) is... Read More July 16, 2019
Budget for the Holidays (yes, this early) July 16, 2019
We are excited to welcome Reina, John, and Anna to the team! Read More July 15, 2019
Thank you to everyone who came out to our youth event yesterday! Read More July 12, 2019
For everyone traveling this summer, here are some great travel apps to help you out.The... Read More July 12, 2019
The Best Apps in Travel July 12, 2019
It’s been a year since the Sparks Crossing Grand Re-Opening, and we can’t believe it!... Read More July 10, 2019
Great Basin in the Community
Great Basin Federal Credit Union is passionate about taking an active role in the community and supporting our membership and the organizations with which they are involved. In fact, “Community” is one of our Core Values.
Great Basin FCU is proud to have contributed our time, effort, and funds to these organizations this year:
- Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals
- Give Hope Foundation
- Northern Nevada Chapter of the Nevada Credit Union League
- Pinocchio’s Moms on the Run
- Great Basin FCU Annual Scholarship
- Salvation Army Angel Trees & Silver Trees
- Communities in Schools of Western Nevada Gift Trees
- Food Bank of Northern Nevada Holiday Food Drive
- Operation Backpack (Volunteers of America, Northern Nevada Chapter)
- Northern Nevada Children’s Cancer Foundation
- Hug High School
- Reno Bighorns
- Reno Rotary Club
- Carson Valley Medical Center
- Historic Fourth Ward School Museum
- Sparks Rotary Club
- Reno VA Medical Center
- Estipona Group Putt-Putt Classic
- And more!
Employees of Great Basin FCU are proud to have contributed their own time, effort and funds to these organizations this year:
- Pinocchio’s Moms on the Run – raising funds to assist Northern Nevada women with everyday living expenses while in treatment for cancer.
- Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals – helping raise funds to support local children’s hospitals.
- Give Hope – financial help for Northern Nevada families with children with catastrophic illnesses.
- Northern Nevada Chapter of the Nevada Credit Union League – provides awareness, advocacy, and education to local credit unions and their members.
- Credit Union Sactown10 – annual running event to raise money for the Children’s Miracle Network.
- Credit Union for Kids – annual auction event to raise money for the Children’s Miracle Network.
- Toys For Tots – raising funds and collecting Christmas gifts for less fortunate children.
- Boy Scouts Of America – helping build character and responsibility in local youth through activities in the community.
- Camp TLC – a wellness center for children with life-shortening issues and their care-takers.
- Evelyn Mount Community Outreach – providing meals in the Reno/Sparks area for over 35 years.
- Reno-Sparks Gospel Mission – numerous facilities dedicated to overcoming homelessness, addiction, hunger, and poverty in the Northern Nevada area.
- The Salvation Army – a network of ministries dedicated to helping where there is need.
- Cancer Champions – Renown Institute for Cancer
- Sierra School of Performing Arts – nonprofit theater organization
- Community Schools of Western Nevada – surrounding students with support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life
- CAAW (Community to Aid Abused Women) – rebuilding safe and hopeful lives for victims of family violence
Upcoming volunteer opportunities:
- Pinocchio’s Moms on the Run events: (www.momsontherun.info)
LoDo Loft’s Runway for Life Fashion Show
Pinocchio’s Moms on the Run 10k/5k Walk/Run
Pinocchio’s Ride for the Tatas Motorcycle Poker Run
Do you know of a community organization that needs volunteers? Would you like to promote an upcoming community event? Email details to email@example.com to be shared with fellow community members here and GBBlog, our facebook page, or in-branch. Looking for a donation to your organization? Please fill out our Donation Request Form.Share: