Apple Pay™ is a new simple and secure way to make purchases at stores or in apps with your iPhone or iPad.
When you use Apple Pay, your Great Basin card number is not stored on your phone or given to the merchant. Your payment information is stored in Passbook®, and a unique digital code is used. As always, you are never responsible for fraudulent purchases. If your mobile device is ever lost or stolen, you can use the “Find My iPhone” feature to quickly disable purchasing ability, require PIN entry or erase all information.
Simply open the Passbook app (on your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus with iOS 8.1 or later) to add your Great Basin credit or debit card to your Apple Pay account. If your Great Basin card is already in iTunes®, just key in the security code (the CVV code from the back of your card).
You will be able to use your Apple Pay at more than 220,000 locations. Look for the Pay Wave® or Apple Pay symbol at checkout. Once you’re set up, all you have to do is hold your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus near a participating merchant’s reader. You can also use Apple Pay (with your phone, iPad Air™ and iPad Mini™ 3) to pay in select shopping apps.
1. What do I need to get started with Apple Pay?
- iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus to pay in stores and within apps
- iPad Air 2 or iPad Mini 3 to pay within apps
- iOS 8.1 or later
- Touch ID™ or passcode on your device
- iCloud® account
2. When can I start?
- Today! Great Basin credit and debit cards are now compatible with Apple Pay.
3. Why doesn’t the card in Apple Pay look like the card in my wallet?
- Apple Pay uses a graphical representation, not an exact replica of your Great Basin card.
4. How do I change my default card to my Great Basin card?
- The credit or debit card associated with your iTunes® account or the first card you add to Passbook® is your default card. To change your default card:
- Go to Settings > Passbook & Apple Pay.
- Tap Default Card.
- Choose a new card.
5. How are my privacy and personal information protected?
- Since Apple Pay doesn’t store your card numbers on the phone, you never reveal your name, card number or security code to merchants.
6. If I change my mind, can I opt out of Apple Pay?
- Adding your credit or debit cards to Apple Pay is your choice; you can add and remove cards when needed.
7. Which merchants are participating?
- You can use Apple Pay at more than 220,000 locations. For a list, visit apple.com.
8. Is Apple Pay free?
- Yes. Message and data rates apply, depending on your plan.
Apple®, iPhone®, iSight®, Passbook® and iTunes® are trademarks of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Apple Pay™, Apple Watch™ and Touch ID are trademarks of Apple, Inc. iTunes is for legal or rightholder-authorized copying only. Don’t steal music.