Direct deposit is the electronic transfer of your paycheck, Social Security benefit, pension, annuity check, or other payment into your account. Your entire paycheck can be automatically credited toward any combination of your Great Basin Federal Credit Union accounts/shares each pay period.
Direct deposit increases the safety and convenience of processing your check, eliminates waiting in payday lines, and makes your funds instantly available. With direct deposit, your money is protected. Government agencies have rules in place to protect you in case of error. Direct deposit is also more confidential because fewer people are involved in processing your payment.
Setting up direct deposit to your Great Basin Federal Credit Union account is easy! Our list of FAQ‘s below will help you get started.
FREE CHECKING: Enrolling in direct deposit is an easy way to get FREE CHECKING with our Kasasa Rewards Checking!
How do I sign up for direct deposit?
- Notify your employer’s Human Resources Department or Payroll Department.
- Most employers have their own direct deposit forms you will need to complete. If they require you to get one from the credit union, please visit one of our three locations or call 775.333.4228.
What information will my employer need?
- Great Basin Federal Credit Union’s routing number/ABA number – 321280198
- Your account number as printed on your statement or at the bottom of your checks. Some employers may also ask for a voided check to be attached to the direct deposit form.
Which account will my direct deposit be posted to?
- Your money will be deposited into your savings account or your checking account based on your indicated preference.
When will my direct deposit start?
- Your employer will determine your direct deposit start date based on its payroll processing.
How do get money from my direct deposit to transfer to my other shares, other accounts or a loan?
- When completing direct deposit forms from your employer, select checking account.
- Call or visit us to complete a payroll distribution form to designate how much money you want sent to where.
- You may also setup automatic transfer via your Online Banking. Simply login, then click “Schedule Transfers”.
Please call our eBranch at 775.333.4228 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional questions.