Online Banking Guide
Online Banking Guide
Online Banking, Online Bill Payment, and the GBMobile app can be really great resources for quick, easy, and secure access to your accounts 24/7. But sometimes it’s overwhelming. We get it. If you’re new to Online Banking or are having trouble using it, we’d be so happy to help! Below is a guide for some commonly used features. Within Online Banking, there is an extensive list of frequently asked questions in the “help” section. If you have further questions or would like to set up a one-on-one meeting to get started, please feel free to contact us. Occasionally, we even have an Online Banking seminar, so be sure to check the member events page for upcoming seminars.
- Access any personal computer with online service and search for www.GreatBasin.org with your browser. This takes you to the Great Basin Federal Credit Union official website.
- To sign up, use the “New User Sign Up” link in the Online Banking section at the upper-left of the homepage.
- Follow the prompts to set up your account. You will need to have an email address on file with us to utilize Online Banking and Bill Pay.
- Now you are ready to use Online Banking to conduct your credit union business quickly, conveniently, and securely! You can do things such as view your full account number, change your address, and stop a payment.
Changing Your Username & Password
If you want to change your username and password:
- Log in using your current credentials.
- Click on the My Settings at the top right of the screen.
- Here you can customize your username or password by clicking Edit and following the prompts.
We highly encourage you to customize your password and keep your Online Banking login information confidential. If you forget your password or User ID, you have the option to recover it online via the links on the bottom of the login screen.
Viewing Your Account Information
- After login, you will be brought to the account summary screen. On the left you will see a quick history that shows your accounts and balances.
- To view a quick history of recent transactions in that account, click the quick peek link below there share you wish to see.
- To view detailed account activity, including deposits, withdrawals, and transfers, just click on the share you wish to see; in this account history screen, you can look up specific dates and transactions.
There are all kinds of options for managing your accounts within Online Banking! After you’ve played around and checked it all out, let us know if you have any questions! We’re always happy to help.
- Rename, remove, or reorder accounts on the main page by clicking settings.
- Hover over the Move Money link in the top tool bar.
- Here you will have the option of a GB transfer, view scheduled transfers, pay a loan from another bank, or transfer to/from another bank.
- When making a GB transfer, choose which shares/loans you would like to make your transfer to and from.
- Notice that you also have the option to transfer to “Add a Recipient”, as long as you have the account number and last name of the person to whom you wish to transfer.
- Enter in the amount you would like to transfer and any other necessary fields. When you’re ready, click Make transfer.
- You will be prompted to confirm the transfer prior to actually completing the transaction. Review your transfer information and click Confirm to complete the process. You may also cancel the transfer at this time by clicking Cancel.
- Another option is to transfer to other institutions by clicking on the Transfer to/from my other bank.
- Click the Add a new account button to get started. You will need the routing number and account number of the other institutions you’d like to transfer to, as well as access to those accounts. Follow the prompts to complete the set up.
Downloading Account Information
You can download account information to be imported into Intuit’s Quicken® or a spreadsheet.
- At the top of any account history screen, select the Export or Print options. Follow the prompts to customize the download options.
- Locate e Statements and Connectivity for Quicken and Quickbooks in the top menu bar under Additional Services.
We will continue to provide connectivity to and exports for Quicken but due to the ever-increasing number of Quicken versions combined with various operating systems and user configurations, we can no longer support the setup or troubleshooting of this software. We recommend, instead, contacting Quicken support when you need assistance. Please have the following information available and call 1-800-860-4207:
- Error message received
- Name of Financial Institution
- Software Version
- Operating System
Online Bill Pay
Our FREE Online Bill Pay allows you to pay bills through your personal computer or device, rather than by writing and mailing checks. This service allowed you to schedule recurring payments and verify past payments. To access Online Bill Pay:
- Click on the Bill Pay link in the top tool bar, or locate it on your home page of Online Banking in the center row.
- Add a payee by using the “Need to pay someone new” section and clicking add.
- This will prompt you to enter in the payee account information and billing address.
- Click Add Payee.
- You’re now ready to Pay a Bill . You can also access history of past payees and bills.
Active Online Bill Pay usage may also qualify you for the many benefits of The Core Account including: free checking, loan rate discounts and certificate rate bumps. Please visit www.GreatBasin.org or call 775.333.4228 for full details on The Core Account and our other account options.
It is highly recommended that you read the Online Bill Payment FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) before using automatic Online Bill Payment.
Text Message Banking
Text Message Banking allows you to check balances, make transfers, and more just by texting from your mobile device.
- To sign up, hover over additional services in the top tool bar, and click the Alerts & Text Banking link.
- After confirming that you accept the terms and conditions, change or add your email and phone number you wish to receive alerts.
- This will prompt you to verify your device and/or email address.
- You will receive a verification code on your mobile device. Enter your verification code to start using text alerts.
- Set up your alerts and alert preferences on this screen by clicking the check boxes for the alerts you would like to receive and the dollar amount.
- Available text commands are listed at the bottom right of this page. You can also get them by texting HELP to 454545.
Great Basin’s mobile banking app, GBMobile, allows you to do your banking from anywhere! Enjoy quick and easy 24/7 access to:
- Make check deposits
- View balances, transaction history, and check copies
- Make transfers
- Pay bills
- Locate fee-free ATMs & shared branches
- Access GB’s Facebook page
- Extra Security for High-Risk Transactions
- And More!
Your Online and Mobile Banking accounts now feature the Popmoney personal payment service. So you can send money directly to just about anyone, with no need to write a check, exchange account numbers, or carry cash.
It’s similar to PayPal, where you can send money using just an email address. But Popmoney has the added convenience of being right inside your password protected Online Banking.
Here’s how it works:
- You enter the recipient’s name, email address and/or cell phone number, and the dollar amount.
- An email or text message automatically notifies the recipient.
- The recipient securely enters an account number online.
That’s it – then the money is deposited directly into the account that the recipient chooses! It’s secure, simple and so appreciated.
It’s simple to get started, just log in to Online Banking and go to the “Move Money” tab.
With Money Management you can:
- Set and track budgets
- Categorize your transactions so you can watch your spending
- Set up custom alerts
- See all your accounts, even those from other financial institutions
- & more!
Still need help?
Feel free to contact us anytime or take a look at the frequently asked questions in the “help” section within Online Banking.