Online Banking Guide
Online Banking Guide
Online Banking, Online Bill Payment, and the GBMobile app can be really great resources for quick, easy, and secure access to your accounts 24/7. But sometimes it’s overwhelming. We get it. If you’re new to Online Banking or are having trouble using it, we’d be so happy to help! Below is a guide for some commonly used features. Within Online Banking, there is an extensive list of frequently asked questions in the “help” section. If you have further questions or would like to set up a one-on-one meeting to get started, please feel free to contact us. Occasionally, we even have an Online Banking seminar, so be sure to check the member events page for upcoming seminars.
- Access any personal computer with online service and search for www.GreatBasin.org with your browser. This takes you to the Great Basin Federal Credit Union official website.
- To sign up, use the “New User?” link in the Online Banking section at the upper-left of the homepage.
- Follow the prompts to set up your account. You will need to have an email address on file with us to utilize Online Banking and Bill Pay
- For help finding your account number, see your new member card and/or documents given to you at the time of account opening.
- After you submit your information you will be sent a temporary password to the email address listed on the account.
- After accessing Great Basin Federal Credit Union Online Banking for the first time, it will prompt you to personalize your user ID and password to ones that you can easily remember.
- Now you are ready to use Online Banking to conduct your credit union business quickly, conveniently, and securely!
Changing Your User ID & Password
If you want to change your user ID and password:
- Log in using your current credentials.
- Click on the Settings dropdown menu at the top of the screen.
- Here you can customize your user ID or password by clicking the links and following the prompts.
We highly encourage you to customize your password and keep your Online Banking login information confidential. If you forget your password or User ID, you have the option to recover it online via the links on the bottom of the login screen.
Viewing Your Account Information
- After login, you will be brought to the account summary screen. When you scroll down you will see a quick history that show’s your up-to-the-minute transaction information on your accounts.
- To view detailed account activity, including deposits, withdrawals, and transfers, just click on the share you wish to see; in this account history screen, you can look up specific dates and transactions.
- You can also click the orange gear symbol next to any account name or transaction for more action items.
There are all kinds of options for managing your accounts within Online Banking! Customize the screens you see, apply for a loan, open new shares, activate or block cards, set up account alerts, and more! After you’ve played around and checked it all out, let us know if you have any questions! We’re always happy to help.
- Click on the Transfers link in the middle of the top tool bar.
- Click the Add Transfers button; here you will have the option of a one-time, future, or recurring transfer.
- Choose which shares/loans you would like to make your transfer to and from.
- Notice that you also have the option to transfer to “Any Other Member”, as long as you have the account number and last name of the person to whom you wish to transfer.
- Enter in the amount you would like to transfer and any other necessary fields. When you’re ready, click Submit.
- You will be prompted to confirm the transfer prior to actually completing the transaction. Review your transfer information and click Confirm to complete the process. You may also cancel the transfer at this time by clicking Cancel.
- Another option is to transfer to other institutions. Hover over Transfers in the top tool bar, and click on the Other Institutions
- Click the Add Payee button to get started. You will need the routing number and account number of the other institutions you’d like to transfer to, as well as access to those accounts. Follow the prompts to complete the set up.
Downloading Account Information
You can download account information to be imported into Intuit’s Quicken® or a spreadsheet.
- At the bottom of any detail screen, select the Quicken or Spreadsheet download. Follow the prompts to customize the download options.
We will continue to provide connectivity to and exports for Quicken but due to the ever-increasing number of Quicken versions combined with various operating systems and user configurations, we can no longer support the setup or troubleshooting of this software. We recommend, instead, contacting Quicken support when you need assistance. Please have the following information available and call 1-800-860-4207:
- Error message received
- Name of Financial Institution
- Software Version
- Operating System
Online Bill Pay
Our FREE Online Bill Pay allows you to pay bills through your personal computer or device, rather than by writing and mailing checks. This service allowed you to schedule recurring payments and verify past payments. To access Online Bill Pay:
- Click on the Bill Pay link in the top tool bar.
- Click the Add a Payee
- This will prompt you to enter in both the zip code and the Payee’s name.
- Lastly, put in Payee information and click Add.
- You’re now ready to Pay a Bill You can also access history of past payees and bills.
Active Online Bill Pay usage may also qualify you for the many benefits of The Core Account including: free checking, loan rate discounts and certificate rate bumps. Please visit www.GreatBasin.org or call 775.333.4228 for full details on The Core Account and our other account options.
It is highly recommended that you read the Online Bill Payment FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) before using automatic Online Bill Payment.
GBTextMe allows you to check balances, make transfers, find hours, and even unlock your Online Banking all by texting from your mobile device.
- To sign up, log in to your Online Banking and click the GBTextMe link in the top tool bar.
- After confirming that you accept the terms and conditions, click the Add Device button.
- This link will prompt you to enter in your mobile number twice for verification. After you click Submit, you will receive a verification code on your mobile device. Enter your verification code in the GBTextMe section of your Online Banking to start using GBTextMe.
- Available commands are listed under the GBTextMe link. You can also get them by texting GB HELP to 90703.
Great Basin’s mobile banking app, GBMobile, allows you to do your banking from anywhere! Enjoy quick and easy 24/7 access to:
- Make check deposits
- View balances, transaction history, and check copies
- Make transfers
- Pay bills
- Locate fee-free ATMs & shared branches
- Access GB’s Facebook page
- Extra Security for High-Risk Transactions
- And More!
You can download the FREE GBMobile app for the iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, or Android at the App Store or on Google Play.
Still need help?
Feel free to contact us anytime or take a look at the frequently asked questions in the “help” section within Online Banking.