5 Holiday Apps to Save Your Sanity
Smartphone apps that may help minimize the stress.
As we get closer to the holidays, the stress of making sure everything is in order usually intensifies. So many of my clients are overwhelmed with finding ways to manage all that comes with the season, like finding the perfect gifts, hosting parties, and trying to stay within budget. To help with this, I figured I’d share a few smartphone apps I’ve recently discovered that may help minimize the stress!
Here’s hoping one or all of these apps can bring you some much needed relief this holiday season:
- Red Stamp (Android, iOS – free). I know more and more people are going the route of taking professional family pictures and sending out customized photo holiday cards, but both the expense and stress of coordinating these efforts can be high. You can create physical cards with ease using this app. Or, if you’re in a pinch for time or money, you also have the option to simply download the final image and share it on social media, or email it directly to friends and family.
- Picniic (Android, iOS – free, with optional subscriptions). This app is not designed just for the holidays, but it sure does come in handy during the busiest time of year. It’s a family organizer that you can use to coordinate your family’s crazy schedules, to-do lists, gift shopping, neighborhood or company party details and everything else. Everyone is able to stay on the same page with a shared calendar, family locator and a user-friendly dashboard showing what’s up next.
- Giftster (Android, iOS – free). This app takes the guesswork out of gift giving! Like the Picniic app, Giftster can be used throughout the year. Since most gift giving is done during the holidays, its most beneficial time is now. Users can set up wish lists of items they’d love to receive and email a link to the list(s) to their contacts. Once gifts are purchased, they drop from the list so no duplicate gifts are given.
- The Christmas Gift List (Android, iOS – free). This app is essentially a digital notepad for all of your shopping, budgeting and gift giving needs. You can create gift idea lists, take pictures of ideas you have and link to items available online. Items can later be marked as purchased, received or shipped, the costs subtracted from your budget and the gift checked off as wrapped and presented once it’s been done. It will help you to not forget what you’ve purchased, go over budget or lose track of who gets what ever again!
- Santa Video Call and Tracker (Android, iOS – free). Once you get a handle on the more chaotic elements of the holiday season, it’s time to take a moment to enjoy some of the magical moments with children. This app not only tracks Santa’s whereabouts on Christmas Eve but allows children to run test flights of Santa in his sleigh leading up to the big day. You can help them make and receive calls to Santa himself and even leave messages of their wish lists on his voicemail.
Hopefully these apps will help your holidays run a little bit smoother. Feel free to pass these along to anyone you think may need the same relief.
9600 S McCarran Blvd
Reno, NV 89523
Steve Lindquist is a registered representative offering securities and advisory services through Cetera Advisor Networks LLC, member FINRA/SIPC. Cetera is under separate ownership from any other named entity. Registered address: 9600 S McCarran Blvd., Reno NV 89523.
Investments are not deposits; not FDIC/NCUSIF insured; and not insured by any federal government agency. No credit union guarantee. May lose value.
Whether you’re planning a summer getaway or a holiday trip, it’s always good to start... Read More March 21, 2019
How to Save the Most on Your Disneyland Vacation March 21, 2019
We are fundraising for the Nevada Veterans Memorial Plaza at all 3 of our branches!... Read More March 21, 2019
NOW is the time to begin booking their Disneyland vacations for this year! Check out... Read More March 20, 2019
A wee bit Irish from St. Patrick’s Day! 🍀 Read More March 20, 2019
We are fundraising at all 3 of our branches this month for the Nevada Veterans... Read More March 18, 2019
You don’t need the luck o’ the Irish to find your pot of gold. Ask... Read More March 17, 2019
Don’t forget to join us tonight at 6 p.m. at the Sparks Crossing branch to... Read More March 14, 2019
Socially responsible investing is also known as sustainable, socially conscious, “green” or ethical investing… it... Read More March 12, 2019
Ever wonder how some dealerships can get away with offering 0% APR? Learn more at... Read More March 11, 2019