Searching for a Car in Reno?
Maybe your car has seen better days, perhaps your car doesn’t suit your lifestyle anymore, or maybe you just have the itch. Once you make the decision that you’re ready to look for another car, it’s not always easy to find the best place to start. Well, we’re here to tell you that buying a car in Reno doesn’t have to be a scary or difficult process. We help members with it every single day, and we’re here to help you, too! Here are a few things we recommend:
Do Your Research
Even if you know what kinds of cars you’re interested in, how do you know which dealership in Reno has it? What if you buy the used car you’re looking for and then see a better price at a different dealership? We’ve got you covered! One of the perks of Great Basin Federal Credit Union membership is access to AutoSMART – where you can search all cars in the Reno area, do research and comparisons on the kind of car you might want, and use auto payment calculators to help make sure the car you want fits in your budget.
Before you go shopping for a new or used car in Reno, we recommend that you get preapproved for your loan. It’s good to have your ducks in a row before you go see the dealer. There are some great dealerships and you may be one of the lucky ones who has a great experience, but too often, unsuspecting shoppers leave the dealership with high payments, a higher rate than they could qualify for, and overall not a great experience. When you get preapproved:
- You’ll get an idea of what your payment could be based on what amount you are going to spend.
- Sometimes your loan representative can help you find a trusted dealer to work with.
- We can help you run Kelley Blue Books to make sure you’re getting a good deal on both your trade-in and your purchase.
- You can shop worry-free knowing you’re already approved at a great rate for the right amount.
- You’ll be prepared for coverages the dealer might offer and you’ll know what is a fair price for them.
- Preapprovals are good for 45 days so you’ve got plenty of time to shop!
And, what do you know, we know of a credit union right here in Reno & Sparks that can preapprove you! Wink, wink. It’s quick and easy to start your application online, there are no fees, and one of our friendly loan representatives will be glad to walk you through all of the steps and get you ready for car-buying.Share: